McCoy Public Library Mission & Goal Statements
The mission of the McCoy Public Library is to provide quality materials and services which fulfill the educational, informational, cultural, and recreational interests of the entire community in an atmosphere that is welcoming, inspiring, enriching, respectful, and businesslike.
The general goals of the McCoy Public Library shall be:
- To serve all residents of the community and the surrounding region.
- To acquire materials which enable patrons to
- Educate themselves
- Keep pace with progress in all fields of knowledge
- Cultivate the imagination and creative expression
- Develop skills for career and vocational advancement
- Discharge political and social obligations
- Enjoy leisure by means of reading and other media services
- To strive consistently to discover new methods and improvements for better service for the library’s patrons.
- To develop and provide programs that appeal to children and adults while maintaining a balance in its services to various age groups.
- To review these goals and, if necessary, revise them in light of new developments.